this post is so important that it had to have two titles. first things first, i am the luckiest person ever! i can not believe how many AMAZING people i have in my life. it blows me away every day. i have had sooo many people over the last month show me the kindest, simplest, and most sincere, acts of love ever: sweet notes, trips for ice cream, walks with the dog, thoughful text messages, great advice, awesome flip-flops, and lots and lots of food! i am really blown away by the outpouring of love that people have shown me. i don't think i can express how much it has all ment to me. i hope that i can learn from all of these great people.
the second part of this post, which is directly related to the first part, and my last post (about typewriters of all things), is seriously ironic. i mentioned in my last post that if you know me, you know what my favorite sound is and what drink makes me happy. well last night when i got home from school my mom told me there was something for me in the fridge. i opened it up and there was a big thing of chocolate milk (the drink that makes me happy) from her. she is so sweet. (jerri, who i used to work at the lifthouse with, calls her mrs. nice, ha ha ha). THEN when i got home tonight, after a day filled with two final exams and a crazy afternoon at work, there was an awesome looking package on my desk. unexpected mail is the best!! it was from my cute cousin jane who is in virginia/DC for the summer. she had gone to hershey's world last week and saw gigantic york peppermint patties, which immediately reminded her of me. she obviously knows me well, because she knows that i LOVE the sound of peppermint patties when they are split in half. i seriously love that girl.
.....but wait! the irony doesn't stop there. jane also sent me a note written on a card that had wonder woman on the cover. well probably six months ago, bubba and i were at dan's buying something, and the cashier (who kind of reminded me of the manager of the grocery store on malcolm in the middle) turned to bubba and said, "you know what's weird, i have never seen her and wonder woman in the same room at the same time." it was really awkward at the moment, but i laugh about it whenever wonder woman is brought up now. so thanks for the laugh janey poo!!!
(the more i look at the wonder woman card, the more i realize that being called wonder woman might sound cool, but looking like wonder woman is definatly NOT cool)



3 comments:
Whit!!! I was so excited to see that you posted on our blog!!! I had just been thinking about you!--crazy! You are so great and Jason and I would love to see you. Love ya lots!!!!! --Laura
Whit-
Don't even feel bad about the anniversary thing. No one else even remembered so whatever! Don't be ridiculous!
Plus if ANYONE should be feeling bad, its me. I am feeling all bad now after reading your blog cuz I haven't done ANYTHING sweet for you lately. I suppose I have been too sad wallowing in my own sorrow to send notes or packages or food or come take you on a walk. I promise I will try to be a better friend.
Love you Looooong tiime... (you know the accent with which to read that):)
Well you are very easy to love Whitney! I am glad to see that you find happiness in the little things in life. That is a very good attribute because you will always be able to find joy in your life, regardless of the circumstance. LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment