Thursday, April 10, 2008

I love winter

If you know me, you probably know that I love winter time. The cold air is alright, but I love bundling up, the snow falling, all of the winter time holiday's, skiing, and just how beautiful the snow is. As strange as it is, it's still a little bit winter outside. Yesterday I went skiiing and it snowed atleast six inches, that's not your typical April weather. Well this winter has been great as usual, and I just wanted to share a little bit about this winter...way back from the beginning. (My blogs have to cover months at a time because I am so horrible at keeping it updated).

In September Brandon (AKA Bubba) and I went on an early winter hike above Brighton Ski Resort. It was a pretty weak hike because my knee's don't hold up too well, but it was the first glimpse of winter. There was probably three inches of snow and even more than that in the shaded areas.

Christmas time was a blast as usual, especially with Megan and Ryan moving back to Salt Lake, those little boys are crazy. We had Asian Star on Christmas Eve with my cousins the Wilmarth's.



Christmas morning was fun at Megan and Ryan's and then back at my parents house. Bubba gave my Mom and Dad remote control helicopters which are loved by all the little kids, and my Dad, Todd, and Bubba :)

Of course with winter comes skiing!! This was a great winter for skiing too. At Snowbird they have received 528 inches of snow THIS YEAR! That's 44 feet of snow that has fallen, and a base depth of 157 inches. Thirteen feet, how insane?!?! There were lots of good snow days to be had. What made this year a little fun and different for me was experiencing now resorts and trying tons of now ski's (thanks to the great perks from my winter job). I have always love Snowbird, but I love Snowbasin almost as much now. Some of my favorite ski's were the Nordica Enforcers, which I was on during an epic Alta powder day, the K2 Tough Luv's which any woman will absolutely love, they are easy to turn and super stable, and I have never had a powder day be as easy as my afternoon on the K2 Pontoon's on another powder day. the Pontoon's are a reverse-camber ski which mean it basically bends more like a water ski than a snow ski. I skiied plenty of days by myself, which I actully really enjoy, but I also spent days with Mom and Dad, Bubba, the Hansen's, Jess and Mady (who I work with), Ashley, Lindzi, Aaron, Todd, Greg, Rick, and some other's I'm probably forgetting (sorry).

These posts are starting to frustrate me, I just want to load pictures and it's taking forever and then looses connection or something. I'll finish the rest of this winter later... :)

1 comment:

Beckstrom Bunch said...

As Luke would say, "Sweet!". I especially enjoy the picture of Luke sitting on Jack. Quite often it's the other way around with Jack taking out Luke!