we had had our eye on pipeline all season, hopefully waiting for the day it would open. i got an email from brady on tueday as i struggled to stay awake in the library saying it had been open that day and would probably be open on wednesday. problem-we both had class the next morning. solution-meh, forget about school.
we headed up the canyon on wednesday morning with our egg mcmuffins and hashbrowns, but without bradys foot beds. he decided to be totally hardcore as usual and do the hike and line without them. the hike was crazy steep! like climbing up a ladder! but it really wasn't all that bad looking back on it. after 40 minutes of climbing, we enjoyed a minute, maybe a minute and a half of skiing! the snow was really nice at the top and on the south side of the shoot where it was in the shade.
we were back on the deck eating, again, in no time. luckily the morning was pretty uneventful. snow was nice, weather was great, company was prime, and all was good!
brady brought his camera and took some great pictures. thanks so much!
we started hiking where the red line heads straight up on the left side of the picuture, and skied down the blue line on the right.

before you even have to comment or ask--i know the coat is WAY cute...it's Terese's :)



4 comments:
Wow...you totally amaze me. Not only would I have died trying to make the climb but I then would have died again falling into the cliffs as I attempted to ski down. You are amazing!
Yeah not like you need a bigger head or anything... but i'll go ahead and say it - you are my hero. Tell Brady nice outfit. It makes him look masculinely filled out. Not that he doesn't normally look masculine, but the filled out part ya know? Uh, nevermind. Forget that. Bandanas must be the new black cuz all the homeys are rocking them lately. Well done. Oh yeah, and I bet at least once on your hike up you were wishing I would come pick you up and shuttle you to the top on my snowmobile. But no, cuz Brady hates on snowmobiles. I might contemplate picking you up and passing by Brady.
Love and tulips
You are incredible Whit! I so admire you. There is a place that YOU HAVE TO SKI before you die. Its called the Aqui de Midi in Chamonix, France. We did it while we were in Switzerland and I thought of you. You would LOVE it. Miss you, hope all is well.
between you and me i think we have found the two BEST dressers ever! though they are pretty rad despite the fact :)
Post a Comment